Friday, November 1, 2013

October's Scavenger Hunt

 Thank you so much for your replies on my last posting!The information was really helpful and it cleared things up for me. I knew I could count on my bloggy friends!
Once again linking with Greenthumb and her monthly Scavenger Hunt: a wonderful excuse to take the camera in my hands! Unfortunately I couldn't find a photo for every category. Here's what I came up with:

Flower: have you ever seen this flower? We call it wax flower because it looks and feels like wax!


Orange: it had to be my oranges and since you like them so, I posted not one, but two photos!


2: puppets speaking English in the classroom. A good activity.



Rubbish: rubbish soon to be turned into precious compost! this is my compost pile in a corner out in my garden
 


Emotion: I was so happy to see that my pupil S enjoyed the activity.



Flight: an old photo from my last trip by plane


Home Made: my vegetables straight from the garden

 

Black and White:


Coffee Time: Greek coffee time actually!



13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos as always. I love your oranges and garden produce - so colourful. The coffee looks very tempting too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that flower really does look like wax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! The wax flower is amazing. I haven't seen anything like it before. Nature is so clever. I also love the photo of the produce from your garden. The colours are striking and I can just about taste the sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of photos. I too have never seen a wax flower before. I love the 'emotion' image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ithanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt. I have those flowers growing in a big old pot in the back garden. So many lovely photos I really like orange, black and white. Greenthumb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. So much lovely garden produce and I love the wax flower - it's beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos, RF! Aren't the faces of children special? I miss my kiddos, and I'm glad to have spent my career in the company of children. Your oranges were beautiful, and I bet they taste wonderful. I'm not sure what the agriculturalists have done to oranges in our country, but too often they don't have much flavor and they are weird on the inside. I have never had an orange right from a tree! Lucky you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, FB, I can assure you that Greek ornages smell and taste perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  8. I love the picture of your wax flower, I had one for years and then lost it when we moved. Your peppers and tomatoes look fabulous.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection of photos. I don't think I have ever seen a wax flower before. Love your 'homemade' vegetables - they looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely set of snaps, my faves are Emotion and Home made. The veg looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely photographs- black and white are so cute- but the photos of the fruit and veg are so colourful:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popping by to say hello. I hope you are well as you haven't blogged for a while. x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me and make me really happy! Thank you!